Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CVS & A Break?

It's a lack luster week on sale items at Rite Aid. Sure I can get more free toothpaste, but after all of the toothpaste I've bought already why bother? Shopping CVS is no hassle as I work there. Gather everything together for Rite Aid means an extra trip out. I'm just not really up for it this week. I may well feel differently come Saturday and feel I need to rush out and get the deals. I rather not and all my +up rewards don't expire until 10/09. Yeah! Break time!

CVS has an awesome deal on an expensive toothbrush: Oral-B Vitality. I believe the ad says limit one, but you actually can get two of them! I saw a customer buying two and took two for myself. I split it into two transactions because:

1. I'm not sure if it would do two at once.

2. It's hard enough to spend $13 EB at once. How would I spend $26?! (Hoping for a sale on Coke soon! Fingers crossed.) That's an advantage the Rite Aid has with their +up rewards. They don't all conglomerate together to from an unwieldy credit that needs to be spent all at once.

Transaction 1:
Oral-B Vitality $23.00
Revlon Lip $10.99 (It's an expensive one! I needed it to hit the $15 mark)
Revlon Nail Enamel $4.99
Beauty Charm $2.49
Total Before Coupons: $41.47

$10/1 Oral-B Vitality
$2/1 Revlon Lip (Peelie on product!)
$4.99/1 Free Revlon Nail Enamel wyb Revlon Lip
$7 off $15 Revlon Purchase (got when I bought a snack for my break)
$2.49 Free Beauty Charm wyb $15+ beauty products
Total After Coupons: $14.99 (paid with $11 EB)

Received:
$13 EB Oral-B
$6 EB $15 Revlon Purchase
Net: $4.01 profit (+ $.25 green bag tag)

Transaction 2:
Oral-B Vitality $23.00
2 Revlon Lip-gloss $6.99 each = $13.98*
Revlon Nail Enamel $4.79 (special seasonal color?)
Revlon Nail Enamel $4.99
Total Before Coupons: $46.76

$10/1 Oral-B Vitality
2 $2/1 Revlon Lip (Facebook offer no longer available) = $4.00
2 $4.99/1 Free Revlon Nail Enamel wyb Revlon Lip = $9.98
~Cashier made a mistake and put both in at $4.99, I wish she would pay more attention. I told her the nail polishes were different prices.
Total After Coupons: $22.78 (paid with $19 EB)

Received:
$13 EB Oral-B Vitality
2 $5 EB Revlon Lip* = $10 EB!
Net: $.22 profit!

*These prices and EB were a rain check from last week's AD. We didn't have any of the colors I wanted. (I'm trying to get 'neutral' colors as these will be gifts.) I was hoping for a better selection after we got our truck in but no such luck. I'm happy to say that although the cashier didn't pay attention to price she was nice enough to split the Extra Bucks up. Much easier to spend.

On a further note, I'm going to try and remember to put in the extra bucks I used to pay for my purchases. This isn't always easy as the receipt doesn't clearly show which is what. My $7 off $15 Revlon has the same description as the EB. I also will buy snacks a lot (I do work there for a living) and sometimes they go to pay for that instead of the free stuff. Occasionally if I forget my lunch/dinner they'll pay for that to. Convince food is expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment