Friday, April 22, 2011

A little of this & a little of that

Not much shopping this week. I got back from my weekend away late Sunday night. Monday was a day off, but Sweetheart had gotten food poisoning. He was sick early, early Monday morning and then the rest of the day. Not much got done around here. When he's sick at home & I'm around I don't feel like doing anything. I mean nothing! I didn't even want to get out of bed. It's not a bad way to spend the day, just unproductive. Tuesday I played catch up with chores, Wedneday had a friend, Christian over for dinner and Thursday was all day (9:00am-9:30pm) at work between the two jobs.

I did get a chance to head out to Walmart for a quick trip. I wanted to test the overage policy. I did get anything drastic, just some floss, toothbrushes and more Always Infinity. (Of coarse now Target is including the Infinity in the $5 GC deal. I only have two coupons left! ARG! See here.) I've got enough Infinity to last for a long time at this point. I'll use my last coupons and be done with it.


3 Advantage Toothbrush @ $1.97 each = $5.91
Always Infinity $3.97
2 Reach Floss @ $.88 each = $1.76
Total Before Coupons: $11.64

3 $2/1 Oral-B Toothbrush (Specific types listed)
$2/1 Always Infinity
2 $1/1 Reach Floss (No size restriction)
Total After Coupons: $1.64 cost

The cashier hardly looked at me as he took the coupons. I had one on top of each item so it would be easily visible. He just scooped them all up and took a quick glance. The first one beeped asking him to verify the amount. He took another look at it and just entered it all through. (I'm assuming the beeping was because the coupon was higher than the item was priced, because the Always coupon did not beep.) It was nice to use the overage to help pay for something else. Not sure if I want to test the giving me money back portion. I would feel weird.


In other news, I managed to find some of the free rebates I've seen circling around the blogs. (Actually found them a while ago.) I will say that Freschetta By the Slice is AWESOME! I just wish it wasn't twice as much as the Celeste. If only I was as happy with the Snapple. I don't normally purchase diet because sweet diet drinks have a very strange after taste. I didn't spot Aspartame on the label and decided to give it a try. (Aspartame usually means it's got that nasty taste to it.) It's dinkable, but not what I was hopping for. Yep. I'm staying away from diet drinks. (Not worth it!) At least when I have Christian (a diabetic) over he can have something other than water for a while.


I hope I can get my CVS shopping done tonight. I doubt I will remember about it tomorrow. As today is truck day I'm hoping some of the free after coupon items come in. I would like to get another green bag tag to throw on reusable bags & the kids oral care items. We'll see what tonight brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment