Monday, April 4, 2011

April Budget & Climbming

Only small changes in budget this month. I've considered pushing down my gas budget again, but prices are jumping like mad. I've heard rumors about it jumping to over $4/gallon before summer starts. Yikes! I think I'll keep my budget as is. I'll need some extra gas money for a trip latter this month. Extra money can just go to the car fund for Kori's inspection.


Speaking of Kori, she was expensive the other week. Her oil light kept popping on and off, so I decided to get her oil changed. (Which was listed as being done at the end of October, but she's only gone about 2,000 miles since then.) Since she's an older car with high millage I need to get a more expensive oil. As it turned out she also need a tail light replaced and a new serpentine belt. (The old belt was cracked.) There were a few other small items putting my grand total at about $190! I hope her inspection goes better than that. (All these items would have been caught at inspection anyway.)

On the brighter side of that same weekend I did my taxes. I swear I hear people groaning. Tax time is generally a good thing for me as I get some money back. I got enough back to finish off my emergency fund! And enough to finish off my goal savings for my 2012 girls trip, with some left over! The left over part I split between Kori's future inspection & paying off one of my loans. I just need to keep it handy.


Emergency Fund:
Last Month: $782.92
This Month: $1,000.00
Goal: $1,000

GOAL MET!




The Budget:

Bills (Electric) $103
Bunnies $30
Car Insurance $36
Cellphone $36
Free Money $40
Gas $140 (works out to $35 a week)
Groceries $100
Rent $310
Student Loans $472

Grand Total: $1267/month (Take home pay.)

Extra Funds Notes:
1. Health $20
2. Clothing $20
3. Car Repair $60

*Extra money tallied up at the end of the month. Each category lists a maximum contribution. Any additional funds are to pay off one of my student loans.




2011 Goals

Finical Goals

1. Buy A Car (A Reliable Car)
2. Rebuild Emergency Fund DONE!
3. Pay my parents Back Not applicable
4. Pay off another smaller loan
5. Save $750 for Cruise 2012! DONE!
6. Start a Gift Fund for Presents

*Not much left for the finical goals. ^_^

Non-Finical Goals

1. Develop a sleep pattern - Get up in the morning still kills me. I'm getting a little better at it. Maybe I should just get up when Sweetheart takes his shower?
2. Lose 20lbs.
-Not even going there . . . I've been terrible. Not exercising in the least. :( I would today, but I'm not feeling that good. (Fevers are not fun.) Good things: I've swapped soda for seltzer water. (mostly) And I've been reading menus more carefully so I choose better options. (I look for those 'healthy choice' symbols and pick from there.)
3. Do more stuff that doesn't involve sitting & playing games on the 'couch'.
- . . . shame on me. (Remember? Not exercising in the least?)
4. No more dirty dishes in the sink @ the end of the night. - This is one I've actually done! There might be an occasional cup or two, but that's it. ^_^
5. Clean the apartment more often. - Schedule is set! For the most part Sweetheart and I have been sticking to it. The bathroom is getting clean almost regularly. (Quick cleans in between the big cleans.) The living room is being vacuumed. (Almost weekly actually.) Now if only we can keep the kitchen neat and the bedroom straightened up. Focusing on just one area a week is helping.




Monthly Climb!!!
Grand Total Last Month: $42,547.41
New Grand Total: $42,204.69
Amount Paid Off: $342.72


Last month was just under $300. Where did that extra pay off come from? It took me a bit to figure it out. My Upromise savings was transferred in the middle of March. Yeah! Let's keep on plugging away! I'll get there some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment