Monday, January 3, 2011

January Budget & Climbing

I'm afraid her time may have come. It's been a good 4 years.


December wasn't the easiest month. Lizzy is not fixed by any stretch of the imagination and I still have really been able to find a car in budget. It's frustrating the heck out of me! I came really close to getting a car, but someone else came in only a few hours after I did and had the thing on hold. I want a night to think about it, only to have it turned up on hold when I called two days latter and sold the next day. Ouch! Rotten luck that.

It's really been discouraging that so many people shake their heads when I ask if they have a car for under $2500, or even $3000. Just wish I could find something. I need one soon. Lizzy is now most definitely leaking coolant. Her temperature light came on today. The mechanic filled it when I had her looked at for the stall problem. So it was an emergency stop for me to grab some coolant from K-Mart. *sighs*

This is going to wipe me clean. All the leaping and bounding I feel that I've done in my effort to climb out of this hole of debt is going to come to a stand still. Nothing to be done. I might even need to borrow money from my parents to get a good car. Taking a few steps back so I can move forward. I'm not looking forward to it.

2011



I am hoping for a good year. I am planning on a good year, although I will not be climbing out of debt as fast as I was. I can happily say I do have one less loan to worry about this year. It wasn't a big one, but it does free up about $25/month. Some breathing room as I am about to take a 4-5 hour cut a week on average at my main job. (CVS)

The Budget:
Bills (Electric) $103
Bunnies $30
Car Insurance $36 *Slightly more than I needed, may go up with a new car.
Cellphone $36 *Adjusted to compensate for unlimited family texting plan
Free Money $40 *Varies slightly depending on second job
Gas $190 *Hoping once I get a 'new' car I can adjust this down
Groceries $100
Rent $280
Savings $65 *I need to rebuild the emergency fund
Student Loans $472 *One Less Loan

Grand Total: $1352/month (Take home pay.)

Extra Funds Notes:
1. Health up to $28
2. Clothing up to $40
3. Everything Else: Emergency Fund

Dreamsacpe: An image that lingers in my mind. 2nd rendition



Monthly Climb!!!
Grand Total Last Month: $43,528.26
New Grand Total: $43,140.15
Amount Paid Off: $388.11


Not quiet the grand finally that I was waiting for. On the up side since keeping careful track of all my debt I've managed to pay off a grand total of $3932.22! Not to shabby. Some of it would have come off over the normal coarse of paying it down, but not all of it. I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment