Friday, August 13, 2010

Love Affiar with Weis & Kellogg's

I'm so giddy form buying buying all this cereal it's ridiculous! Weis was finally in stock on the cereals that I had coupons for. I stopped first at one on my way into work. I thought perhaps since Friday is typically one of the busiest day for grocery stores they would be stocked. At 6:30am I was hoping to beat out any 'competitors' I might have.

First Stop!
10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal @ $2.00 each = $20.00
Total Before Coupons: $20

4 $.75/1 Corn Flakes Simply Cinnamon
$1/2 Kellogg's Cereal
4 $.25/1 Weis doubling
Total After Coupons: $15.00

Received:
$7 Catalina (Weis sale)
$10 Catalina (Kellogg's)
Net: $2.00 profit!



First two transactions in one shot. I couldn't put it on the counter so proped against the wall and a door in the hallway.


After a long day at work, arriving 20 minutes early and leaving 30 minutes late, I decided to head to the Weis around that area as I still had more coupons with me. The previous Weis didn't even carry the new Cinnabon cereal.

Stop two:

10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal @ $2.00 each = $20.00
Total Before Coupons: $20

3 $.75/1 Cinnabon Cereal
3 $.25/1 Weis doubling
Total After Coupons: $17.00

Received:
$7 Catalina (Weis sale)
$10 Catalina (Kellogg's)
Net: Free!

I thought Dearheart (aka Sweetheart) was going to kill me. Nope. Turns out he likes Fruit Loops, so we'll be keeping one of those boxes. In the end I convinced him to run with me to our local Weis and get more! I grabbed the Frosted Flakes just for him. ^_^

Third Times A Charm:
10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal @ $2.00 each = $20.00
Total Before Coupons: $20

$.75/1 Cinnabon Cereal
4 $1/2 Kellogg's Cereal
$.25/1 Weis doubling
Total After Coupons: $15.00

Received:
$7 Catalina (Weis sale)
$10 Catalina (Kellogg's)
Net: $2.00 profit! (I added soap and pudding so I could use previous Catalina to pay less out of pocket.)



Mostly just the two kinds of cereal for the last transaction. I get home only to find out there is a new coupon of $1.50/2 which I could have used with the Fruit Loops. *sigh* Free is still free.


If all that's not enough, I contemplated going to another near by Weis and doing it all over again as I still had enough coupons to net 10 more boxes of free cereal. Truth be told though, I'm a bit tired so it didn't happen. 30 boxes is more than enough! I only plan on keeping four of them. I LOVE cinnamon! Two for me, two for my Sweetheart. Hope I get a chance to donate soon as I don't have much room in this apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment