Sunday, June 13, 2010

No coupons?!?

I headed out to the grocery store after work (around 4pm or so) only to find there we no coupons in the papers there. WHAT? I want my coupons! Geerrr . . . lesson learned, head to the store BEFORE work to get the out of town paper that has better coupons than any of the local ones. *sighs* I suppose that means I'll be getting up at 5am next week? Ack!

I also shopped at CVS after work. I wanted to be sure I could grab the free after extra bucks body wash. I wonder how long that kind of sale is going to go on? It's been running a lot lately. Stocking up while the price is good! (Just running out of room to store it.)



Today I bought:
2 Gillette Body Wash $8.00 ($4.00 each)
4pk of Schick Hydro 5 blades $8.97
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer lotion 55spf $10.99
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Spray 30spf $9.99
Total: $37.95

Coupon BOGO Gillette Body Wash $4.99 (The cashier didn't get my extra care card first so it rang up at regular price. She wasn't paying attention so she put the BOGO in at full price instead of $4.00. She told me not to worry about it. Okay . . .)
Coupon Gillette Shampoo $1.00 (BOGO only locks one item? I bought the shampoo & body wash combo)
Coupon Hydro $5.00 (They were out of the actual raisers)
2 Coupons Neutrogena Sun lotion/spray $2.00
Coupon CVS $3 off of $15 sun care purchase
Total After Coupons: $19.96

Received:
$10 EB for purchasing 2 Neutrogena Sun Tan Lotion
$8 EB for Old Spice/Gillette body wash (I was surprised as I have thought the limit was one? Perhaps it is a glitch? I don't know if they'll change it or not.)
$5 EB for Schick Hydro 5
Net: $3.04 profit + $.25 green bag tag scan

Better than I had planned because of the extra $4 in EB! The only thing I don't like about this transaction is that I am left with some high valued EB. Sometimes it can be a little rough trying to spend it all at once. We'll see what comes up in the next four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment