Monday, June 21, 2010

Coupon Thieves

Last week I didn't get any coupons from the city paper because I had to open. This week I had to start work at 7am, and I was staying over at my parents the night before. (They live closer to where I work than I do, by about 45 minutes!) There was no way I was going to get the papers before they were either gone or didn't have any inserts.

My sweetheart was kind enough to follow my instructions and pick up two city papers and one local paper. He 'checked' them for coupons and believed they were there. Too bad he was confused and thought store inserts = coupons. I think it's kind of funny. I'm not exactly sure how one would get them confused, but he really isn't into couponing. The local paper did have inserts, but the the city paper didn't. I had thought perhaps they just didn't put inserts into all the papers. After seeing the bits of insert in one paper (in the picture below) I now know there are coupon thieves! (Or at least a thief.) *sighs* Not happy!



I wasn't feeling to good yesterday and so my normal trip to CVS didn't happen. Feeling better today I headed off to rite aid. This trip was done in two transactions. I think the photo tech guy was annoyed. He didn't seem so cheerful to ring me up. I've had mixed experiences with personal there. Some are wonderfully nice and others are stuck up or irritable. One manager is very nice and complemented my singing, although she thought it was another lady there at first. (Yes, I sing aloud in the stores to the music they play.) The other manager appears to either be glaring at everything or in a bad mood. One cashier scrutinizes every coupon and two others are very patient with coupons. If only I could figure out when the nice ones are working. Ah well.

Transaction 1:
Motrin PM 20ct $3.00
Colgate Clinical Toothpaste $2.99
Total Before Coupons: $5.99

$2.00/1 Motrin PM (I can't find the $3 one I've heard about, this was from a tear pad in CVS when it first came out.)
$1.00/1 Colgate Clinical
Total After Coupons: $2.99

Received:
$2.00 +up rewards Colgate
$3.00 +up rewards Motrin
Net: $2.00 profit



Transaction 2:
Motrin PM 20ct $3.00
Colgate Clinical Toothpaste $2.99
OLAY Foaming Cleanser $10.49
Total Before Coupons: $16.48

$2.00/1 Motrin PM (I only pulled two of these. I don't think I can get them any more)
$1.00/1 Colgate Clinical
$1.00/1 OLAY moisturizer or cleanser
Total After Coupons: $12.48

Received:
$2.00 +up rewards Colgate
$3.00 +up rewards Motrin
Net: $7.48

Net of two Transactions: $5.48

Hopefully this is the last of the OLAY I need to buy to get the Gift Card for the $50.00 skin rebate from Rite Aid. I know that I don't need any more OLAY for the manufacture rebate. I just want it the clear and then I will send away for it. I will need to go through the blog to round up my totals for this rebate over all. I just hope I didn't do to badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment