Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eyes Peeled for Peelies!

Yesterday I took a trip to CVS and I found some good peelies. I only went in to buy free toothpaste for myself and pick up a letter filer for my mom. She wants the letter filer to start storing her coupons. Dad has a tendency to pick them up and throw them in the trash. Oops! (No picture of purchase as it already went to mostly to mom.)

First the 45oz powder cascade is on sale for $2.99. On the boxes with the older art were $2 peelies making them $.99 each. My store didn't have many of these left. The guy before me in fact grabbed about 4 or 5 of them! I managed to snag the last two. When the employees looked in the back they found boxes with a new design, but no peelies. I don't have a dishwasher, but my parents do! I took a picture, but accidentally deleted it from my phone instead of moving it to the memory card. :( I was tired.


The second find was a peelie for a $15 prepaid gift card for reviewing the new Curel lotion. Normally I wouldn't have even looked at body lotion. It was in one of those gray totes a girl was stocking from all by itself. I picked one up, turned it over and there it was. It's a new item not even on there regular shelf yet. A quick run to the price checker told me it was $7.99. SOLD! I'll review it with my mom in a few days. Her hands, elbows and feet can get kind of dry. She's also very sensitive to chemicals and smells. I figure we would make a great review team.

So CVS transaction gets summed up as the following:
2 Cascade powder 45oz @ $2.99 = $5.98
Curel Ultra Healing lotion $7.99
Letter Filer $8.99
Colgate 4oz toothpaste $2.99
Total Before Coupons: $25.95

2 $2/1 Cascade peelies
$1/1 Curel Ultra Healing lotion
$1.50/1 Colgate CVS crt
$.35/1 Colgate (I read about $1/1 coupons not that I found any)
$4/20 CVS crt (3 days only!)
Total After Coupons: $15.10

Received:
$2.00 EB for Colgate purchase
$2.00 EB for signing up for the diabetic program (Oh! That's nice.)
Net: $11.10 ~forgot green bag tag scan :(

If mom & qualify for the $15 this will become a $3.90 profit. Sweet. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment