Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rite Aid

It finally happened. I was wonder when it would be asked where I worked. While I've mostly gotten over my nervousness of shopping Rite Aid and feeling almost traitorous I wasn't sure how Rite Aid employees would see it.

I try to be very organized with my coupons and like to double check as I put things up that I've got all the matching items for the coupons. (Particularly when I have a lot and end up using multiples.) The cashier was appreciative of this as I pair up BOGO deodorants of the same price with BOGO coupons. I told her it annoys me as a cashier when people don't get the right things, too many coupons or not enough coupons. (Which leads them very frustrated when the total is higher than expected. Now I leave all coupons on the counter until after the sale is completed. I'm okay with an honest mistake, but trying to tell me you can use two BOGO coupons between three items just irritates me. You need four items to use two BOGO coupons! Argh.)

"Where do you work?"

"CVS."

Laughter, "Oh my. Why are you shopping here?"

"I like to donate things. If I can get a good deal then that's where I shop."

At this point another employee and a manager start chiming in. They are also surprised. I talked a little about where exactly I work. More on why I shop Rite Aid and grinned all the way. I don't know if they'll look at me differently or not. Only time will tell. LOL. The cashier was very happy to take my coupons and seemed more excited than usual for the good deals I was getting. I hope that kind of response continues. It's refreshing. ^_^

So what exactly did I get?

4 Right Guard BOGO @ $3.29 each = $6.58
4 Dry Idea BOGO @ $4.29 each = $8.58
6 Blistex @ $1.50 each = $9.00
3 Olay Soap 2pk (BOGO 1/2 off) 2 @ $3.59, 1 @ $1.79 = $8.97
3 Trail Size Secret Deodorant @ $1.29 each = $3.87
Total Before Coupons: $37.00



4 BOGO Right Guard/Dry Idea 2 @ $3.29, 2 @ $4.29 ($15.16)
3 $1/2 Blistex ($3)
3 $5/1 Olay Soap/Body Wash wyb Secret ($15)
Total After Coupons: $3.85 (If I had thought about it I would have thrown on another Olay 4 pk and used a $5 off $25. Oh well.)

Recieved:
3 $1 +up Blistex
Net: $.85

I had expected more $1 +up as the rumor was you got two when you bought 2 Blistex. Either Rite Aid caught on & fixed it or I reached a limit. Ah well. All that for $.85 isn't bad. I just wished I thought about the $5 off $25+ sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment