Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quick Trip To Gaint



I normally don't post to many of my grocery store trips. I usually go about once a week or once every two weeks depending on how well stocked up we are. Just picking up some basics this week: bread, cottage cheese, bananas. I ended up with more produce because Gaint has a $1 off $5 produce purchase. While there I looked for Wholly Guacamole as they are offering a $4/1 coupon which makes for a really cheap product or free. The Wholly Queso was BOGO @ $4.99 and I found $1/1 peelies on them. FREE! W00T! so lunch is consisting of veggies dipped in the queso and an egg.

I don't buy Tropicana, but Gaint sent out coupons in the mail for a free one if you make a $15 purchase this week. I'll take free. There was also a coupon for free Eggo Waffles, however I'm still working on the last batch. (See here.) If you were lucky Gaint had double coupons in their flier inside the Sunday paper. That means $4 to me! Also I picked up the Pilsbury bisckets that are $.53 each. Gaint is participating in the Catalina when you buy 6 you get a $3 off you next order. Sweet! Six small cans for $.18!

The reason I'm posting is I was surprised when I rang up at the self checkout for $38.xx before coupons. I am almost never that high, ever! Turns out if there are special deals were you must buy in bulk to get $ off it will not show up until your done with coupons at the self checkout. Same goes for BOGO. After all was said and done my total came down to $13.81. ($13.81 - $3.00 cat = $10.81!) *dances* I love couponing.

No comments:

Post a Comment