Thursday, July 15, 2010

Money Makers, but do I need the item(s) in question?

Currently (at least until Saturday) there are several rebate offer at Office Depot that when combined with a $10 off $25 purchase create money making scenarios. A maxium value can be found here from Mojo Savings. (Common Sense With Money has all items listed here.)

Now while I love a money maker to me the 'best' scenario doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure I could find a place to donate the items, but I had a slightly different idea in mind.


2 Staples Paper 500sheets/pk @ $6.29 each = $12.58
Staples Sheet Protector 25/pk $6.99
Hanging Folders $9.79
Total Before Coupons: $29.36

$10 OFF $25 purchase
Total After Coupons: $19.36

Will Receive:
2 Visa Gift Cards for Paper purchase @ $5.29 each = $10.58
Visa Gift Card for Sheet Protector purchase $6.59
Net: $2.19

Not bad for all stuff I need! I might try and run out tomorrow and get the other items as money makers. I haven't really decided yet. If there are deals like this often at Office Depot it might well become my favorite supply store.

I also ended up signing up for their rewards program. We will have to see how that works out. I was told for each ink cartridge I turn in I get a $3 gift card. I hope that's correct, because it would mean no expiration date! I use to like Staples when they would take off $3 instantly. I hated when they turned it into certificates, because I could never get to the store before they expired. Although now I live a lot closer to one . . .



Quick CVS stop! $2 money maker! It was free after Extra Bucks and I had a $2 manufactures coupon. A good item for a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment