Monday, May 24, 2010

Feeling Down = New Resolve!

*Note - We all have some bad days . . . I don't plan on posting them all. This is just the first one I've had since I started this blog. I figured it's good to remember this climb isn't always easy.

Have you ever had one of those days where you’ve just hated something about your job or maybe the job itself? I get them every now and again feeling fustrated and trapped. I generally get that way when I feel rather over worked. In reality it might not have much to do with the job itself, just working. I got hit with one of those days really hard on Friday.

My sister graduated and is now job searching. She had an intreview for working with foster care. From what we know the job has flexible hours just based on the charactrisitcs of the job itself. (Like say a home visit when the child is home.) How I would love a flexible schedule, but such is not for me in retail. Instead I have swinging shifts, although I almost always get evenings.

Evenings are okay until friends want to go do something during the week. (My sweetheart got to eat out with friends while I was working on Friday. I found out as a called with a quick question on break.) On the weekend the don’t want to get up early or plan on doing all the stuff the ‘need’ to get done done. (Saturday when I tried to get together with friends for lunch.) I understand not wanting to clean the house or running errons after working all day leaving it to be done on weekends . . . I just feel a bit left out. Maybe I need more social time.

When I’m out of debt I’m going to only be working one job! That’s my plan. If I don’t have debt I can have more free time to spend with friends and family. It’s days like Friday drive me forward and strengthen my resolve to get this done as quickly as possible. It’s not say I will not take a break ever now and again. (A weekend of camping latter this summer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment